Our user forum

Back  | Message Index | Search

deployment via portable binary installer

Posted by ron ( ) on Mon, Jul 13, 2020, 4:42 PM.

Hi

I'm planning to deploy samhain, yule, and Beltahne II on my servers (~20). I'm using Void Linux which uses "runit" as init system (re-implementation of daemontools) and its own packet manager (xbps). Because there's no build-tools on the servers and root isn't allowed to login via SSH (use of deploy script not possible), I went for the "portable binary installer" using "make run" (seems to work fine, no warnings or errors). When I execute the resulting binary on a host, the installer cannot determine the Linux distribution and what init system is used. I expected the unknown distro, but didn't expect that the installer quits if it's unable to install the runlevel scripts. Is there a possibility to skip installing the runlevel scripts if using the "portable binary installer" (perfectly fine with me, writing own runit-scripts is not a problem)? Or is there a better option to deploy samhain on all servers?

thx for any help & inputs!
ron

Responses:

(No Responses Posted)

Post a Reply

The fine print: All messages are owned by the poster. Messages express the views of the poster, not neccesarily the views of the samhain team. We reserve the right to remove material for any reason, including no reason at all. Posting of HTML links is not allowed. To protect against harvesters, email addresses will be encoded as javascript snippets upon output.